The New Inn
A fantastic opportunity to join a small, but fabulous team working in our recently refurbished boutique hotel in the heart of Lancashire and the gateway to the Lake District.
About The New Inn
The New Inn, Yealand holds a five-star rating for accommodation and also the outstanding Gold Award by VisitEngland. We have developed a great reputation for quality service and offer a first-class restaurant with 38 covers and outside dining space, cosy bar and 7 boutique guest rooms. We take pride in our intimate surroundings and service style, where our guests arrive as a customer and leave as a friend!
With exciting times ahead, The New Inn, Yealand is scheduled for future investment and development, including 4 additional luxury suites, a new 50 cover restaurant and full kitchen refit scheduled within the next 18 months, it couldn’t be a better time to join our team!
The New Inn is a part of a small group of inns within the Lancashire and Cumbria borders. Owned and managed by the Robinson family for over 30 years, we aim to provide exceptional experiences to our guests and customers.
What we’re looking for from you:
• A friendly can-do attitude
• Great customer service skills
• Bar and restaurant experience would be advantageous but not essential all training will be provided
• A good level of written and verbal English
• The ability to work a variety of shifts with a flexible approach to working hours to suit the needs of the business, mostly evenings and some weekends
What you will receive from us:
• From £10 per hour + generous tips
• Up to 35 hours per week
• 28 days annual leave (pro-rata in line with hours worked)
• Food discount
• Employee discounts across the other properties within the group
• An engaging and supporting work environment
• To assist with the preparation and setting of tables as per daily bookings
• To serve alcohol drinks and beverages at the bar
• To take orders / serving at the table in a positive and professional manner
• To carry out cleaning of restaurant/bar area and equipment
• To operate EPOS system (cash register)